Shots Fired On Campus: When Lightning Strikes
Safety on campus is a responsibility shared by many entities, but the most important one is YOU.
The Center for Personal Protection and Safety presents this instructional video in response to violent situations that while rare, have become far too prevalent and devastating in our society. This video provides strategies for survival in the event such an incident were to take place on our campus. The video is broken into the following sections:
- Survival Mindset
- Figure Out
- Get Out
- Chill Out
- Take Out
- Law Enforcement Intervention
The knowledge and strategies presented are designed to empower students, faculty, and staff to aide in the prevention of, and YOUR survival in response to an active shooter attack.
- Monthly Active Shooter Program
- Video only, Unity ID required: Shots Fired On Campus: When Lightning Strikes
- There are two separate videos, the first is geared toward an active shooter situation in a classroom environment, and the second is for an office or workplace setting.
- These videos are licensed to be shown by the University Police Department to members of the university community. As such, you must log in with a UnityID and password in order to view them. You can do so at the link to the Moodle website below. The videos are also available to be viewed for group presentations by the Crime Prevention Division of the police department. Please contact the Crime Prevention Unit by email or by phone at 919-515-5963 for questions or more information.