Crime Warning – Thefts from Vehicles
NC State University Police are investigating a series of recent thefts from vehicles on campus and authorities are asking the campus community to be extra diligent in securing valuables and their vehicle while parked on campus. The thefts of cash, wallets, credit cards and electronic devices, as well as other items have occurred in the parking areas.
The campus community is always encouraged to take the following safety steps to keep themselves and their property safe:
– Close and lock vehicle doors, windows and convertible roofs
– Take keys with you when you leave
– Take valuables with you or keep items out of view and/or secured within compartments and the trunk of your vehicle.
Criminals are more likely to commit thefts when:
– Items are left unattended or easily observed within the vehicle.
– Items are left in unsecured vehicles.
Please contact University Police immediately to report any suspicious activity or if you have any information about criminal activities by calling 911 or 919515-3000. If you see something, say something.
In compliance with the Timely Notice provisions of the Federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1998, University Police are giving notice of reported criminal acts. Please share the information contained in this crime warning with other people on campus who may not have seen it.